Maviance PLC is a fast-growing digital financial service provider and technology consulting company. Maviance PLC is part of the Maviance Group which consists of sister companies in Germany, France and the UK. Maviance Group is specialized in delivering customized solutions and value-added services as well as industry specific web and mobile solutions for telecom, utilities and financial institutions, businesses and governments, with a key focus in emerging economies
Maviance PLC as a digital financial services provider, we develop, operate and grow a technological platform that focuses on increasing and facilitating access to digital financial services (including bill amp; payment aggregation, retail payments, agent banking, corporate amp; bulk payments) to people, companies and government entities of all income level across Cameroon.
Maviance PLC is engaging in its expansion phase in Cameroon and within the CEMAC (Central African) region with the goal of establishing the company as the #1 leading player in the Fintech and Digital Financial space. Our recent partnership with MFS Africa will allow us to rapidly deploy new products across the CEMAC region and to central African consumers and businesses to the global digital economy.
We are looking for a competent Head of Technology who will be our go-to-expert to provide sound technology and innovation leadership in all aspects of our business. You will be an integral part of the senior leadership team, providing guidance, technology, innovation and product oversight as well as direction to ensure the overall technological and innovative development of the company and our products.
Your main duties and responsibilities as the Head of Technology will be to:Develop technical aspects of the company’s strategy to ensure alignment with its business goalsIdentify, compare, select and implement technology solutions that yield competitive advantageHire and build a top performing team of software engineers and other IT staffContribute to the development and take ownership of the tech stackCoordinate technology transfer from group entities to tech team, while acting as a mentor and coach on skills, e.g., technical best practices and career developmentOwn the overall technological architecture and platform of the products as well its short- and long-term evolution, including responsibility for building reusable and scalable architecture and infrastructureTrack, analyse and monitor technology performance metricsParticipate in the development of product requirements and roadmapsSelect and implement suitable technology to streamline all internal operations and help optimize their strategic benefitsDesign and customize technological systems and platforms to improve customer experienceBuild technology, quality assurance and data protection processes and ensure adherenceMonitor KPIs and IT budgets to assess technological performanceCommunicate technology strategy to partners and investors
Qualifications and Experience
- We are looking for a hands-on CTO can contribute on the development and take ownership of the Tech Stack
- Minimum 7-10 years of work experience in a technological role and in an Agile/scrum environment, with significant managerial experience such as proven experience as a CTO or similar leadership role
- Proven experience as a software engineer/developer in your career
- Experience in working in high-growth / fast pace/ start-up environments - (able to deal with ups/downs, stress, ambiguity, pace of delivery and change)
- Track record in defining and delivering technological vision and roadmaps
- Seen as an expert and technical authority on architecture, system design, technology management, and seasoned technologist with deep insight into newest stacks and trends
- Knowledge in cloud technologies and DevOps approach with track record leading the build of scalable products using modern technologies.
- Bachelor or Master degree in engineering/computer science school or equivalent experience
- Experience working with a distributed engineering team (we have engineers in Europe and Africa)
- Ability to formulate strategy aligned with company goals and lead the execution thereof.
- Proven leader with the ability to effectively manage a team that delivers results.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to handle ambiguity and change.
- Proactive problem solver with an attention to details
- Excellent verbal and written communication (both in English and in French)
- Nice to have: has been a founder of a start-up
- Competitive salary
- Fast paced and dynamic environment, where you can make an impact
- Opportunity to work with leading technologies
- Growing global organisation with a highly entrepreneurial spirit