Maviance PLC is a fast-growing digital financial service provider and technology consulting company. Maviance PLC is part of the Maviance Group which consists of daughter companies in Germany, France and the UK. Maviance Group is specialized in delivering customized solutions and value-added services as well as industry specific web and mobile solutions for telecom, utilities and financial institutions, businesses and governments, with a key focus in emerging economies
Maviance PLC is a digital financial services provider that develops, operates and grows a technological platform that focuses on increasing and facilitating access to digital financial services (including bill amp; payment aggregation, retail payments, agent banking, corporate amp; bulk payments) to people, companies and government entities of all income level across Cameroon. Our recent partnership with MFS Africa will soon allow us to rapidly deploy new products across the CEMAC region and to central African consumers and businesses to the global digital economy.
Maviance PLC is engaging in its expansion phase in Cameroon and within the CEMAC (Central African) region with the goal of establishing the company as the #1 leading player in the Fintech and Digital Financial space.
We are looking for a strategic thinker to drive strategy and the implementation of proactive, coordinated engagement between Maviance PLC and partners including Mobile Network Operators (MNOs), Mobile Money Operators (MMOs), billers (water amp; electricity utilities, cable TV, insurance, etc), to drive key expansion business objectives. This role can be based in Douala Cameroon, but most of the work would be within the Central African region.
The main duties and responsibilities as the Expansion Manager for Central Africa will be to:
- Own and drive the Central African expansion strategy of Maviance's product offering across various digital stores of value providers (Mobile Network Operators (MNOs), Mobile Money Operators (MMOs), billers (water amp; electricity utilities, cable TV, insurance, etc), Banks and aggregators)
- Identify, engage, contract and onboard new partners to the maviance Smobilpay platform from the CEMAC countries, Engage Mobile Network Operators (MNOs), Mobile Money Operators (MMOs), billers (water amp; electricity utilities, cable TV, insurance, etc), Banks, payment and Cash networks to ensure they have a good experience working with maviance
- Ensure strategic alignment between Maviance and digital store of value providers to ensure commercial goals are met across all our various product offerings (bill aggregation, payment aggregation, agent banking and domestic merchant services)
- Work with colleagues on ensuring that associated activities in the course of implementation of expansion goals are completed as required, where necessary
- Work towards the enrichment of the existing footprint with new product offerings available for the benefit of new or existing partners, in alignment with business objectives
- Actively contribute to the development and maintenance of strategically relevant expansion strategies and goals
You are the person we are looking for if:
- You have at least 5 years of experience in a comparable role in a fast-growing/scale-up environment where you have managed a variety of strategical and operational tasks, including negociations, public relations, reputation building, etc.
- You have demonstrated your ability to build long lasting client relationships and to close deals in similar B2B environments
- You have strong organizational skills and attention to detail and can balance multiple demands and competing and changing priorities.
- You are proactive and you take ownership.
- You have a pulse on the organization to ensure a high level of employee engagement.
- You exhibit discretion and keep confidence.
- You are a confident communicator (in writing, presentations etc.) and can build relationships with various stakeholders across all levels of the organization as well as with external stakeholders.
- You are comfortable with collaboration tools and technology.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment and you’re not afraid to be hands-on to get it done
Nice to have
- You bring a deep understanding of CEMAC business environment and associated best practices
- You have experience in working directly with Founders and Executive Management.
- Entrepreneurial, fast growing mindset
- Creative thinker
- Business developer
- Superior communication skills, verbal and written
- Fluency in French and English
- Competitive salary
- Fast paced and dynamic environment, where you can make an impact
- Opportunity to work with leading technologies
- Growing global organization with a highly entrepreneurial spirit