- Coordinate the timely and accurate processing of supplier invoices and intercompany accounts payable, to facilitate payment when due.
- Ensure the validity of all supplier invoices before authorisation for payment and appropriate reconciliation of supplier accounts.
- Manage the Accounts Payable function in DC Cameroon
- Analyse and maintain Accounts Payable performance metrics, service relationships and communications across departments in DC Cameroon.
- Provide appropriate responses to suppliers’ queries/ issues and escalate unresolved issues to the Finance Controller.
- Perform reconciliation of suppliers’ sub-ledger accounts to the general ledger on a monthly basis.
- Recommend updates to existing invoice processing policies and procedures.
- Maintain an accurate and up-to-date record of all invoices received from suppliers/ vendors.
- Maintain a comprehensive record of all approved invoices, bills and payment supports.
- Review staff advance requests and ensure requisitions are duly authorised by relevant department/ unit heads.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of invoices and staff advance/ retirement documentation.
- Prepare periodic activity reports for the attention of the Finance Controller including information on outstanding payments to suppliers, approved invoices, etc.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Finance Controller.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Review supplier invoices and supporting documents against invoice processing checklist in order to establish completeness and validity of details.
- Match supplier invoices to purchase orders prior to processing to ensure consistency and identify errors/discrepancies/irregularities for prompt resolution.
- Maintain ageing report of debt and outstanding payments to suppliers.
Education and Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in Accounting or a related discipline.
- Professional certification from a recognised accounting professional association will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of five (5) years relevant work experience.
- Good knowledge and understanding of IFRS, finance best practices and other applicable accounting standards.
- Sound business acumen.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- High ethical standards and integrity.
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office tools.
Skills and Competencies
- Good understanding of trends, challenges, opportunities, regulations and legislations relating to the cement manufacturing industry.
- Working knowledge of accounting packages and systems, including SAP.
Private health insurance
paid time off
Training amp; Development