- Assist in the reconciliation of all Departmental GL accounts and ensuring that appropriate procedures and controls have been followed.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in the coordination of all activities leading to the preparation of month-end financial and management report for the department.
- Assist in the preparation of month-end financial statements and analysis of expenditures for assigned functional area.
- Review all Departmental costs to ensure that the right amount and cost centres have been used.
- Ensure that all costs for the month under review have been captured.
- Reconcile all expenditure vouchers and Store Issue Reservations against GL balances and explain discrepancies.
- Provide assistance in resolving queries.
- Ensure that general ledger accounts are properly maintained, reconciled and discrepancies are promptly addressed.
- Identify control issues such as undefined balances, un-posted entries etc. and raising queries for resolution of these issues.
- Investigate budget variances and provide explanation to management.
- Ensure compliance with DCC finance and accounting policies and procedures.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Head of Finance and Admin.
Education and Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in Accounting or other related discipline.
- Five (05) years of relevant work experience with prior management exposure
- Professional certification not required, but will be an advantage
Skills and Competencies
- Good understanding of trends, challenges, opportunities, regulations and legislations relating to the cement manufacturing industry.
- Good knowledge and understanding of finance best practices, IFRS and other applicable accounting standards.
- Sound business acumen.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- High ethical standards and integrity.
- Working knowledge of accounting packages and systems, including SAP.
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office tools.
Private Health Insurance
Paid time off
Training amp; Developmment