Maviance PLC is a fast-growing digital financial service provider and technology consulting company. Maviance PLC is part of the Maviance Group which consists of daughter companies in Germany, France and the UK. Maviance Group is specialized in delivering customized solutions and value-added services as well as industry specific web and mobile solutions for telecom, utilities and financial institutions, businesses and governments, with a key focus in emerging economies
Maviance PLC is a digital financial services provider that develops, operates and grows a technological platform that focuses on increasing and facilitating access to digital financial services (including bill amp; payment aggregation, retail payments, agent banking, corporate amp; bulk payments) to people, companies and government entities of all income level across Cameroon.
Maviance PLC is engaging in its expansion phase in Cameroon and within the CEMAC (Central African) region with the goal of establishing the company as the #1 leading player in the Fintech and Digital Financial space.
We are looking for a Head of Marketing and Communication who will be an integral part of the senior leadership team with the overall responsibility to direct and oversee both Marketing and Communication activities. You will design, implement and monitor effective marketing and communication strategies that align with our business goals. This role reports directly to our CEO, and as such, you will be in a unique position to influence change and make an impact from day one to help the growth and the transition of the company to a leader in the digital financial sector.
The Head of Marketing amp; Communication is both a strategic and hands-on role that is in charge of Maviance’s marketing, branding, communications and PR activities. This primarily involves developing plans to help establish our brand, allocating resources to different projects and setting short-term and long-term department goals. These goals include increasing the company’s market share, maximizing revenues within Cameroon, develop the brand to #1 in the Mindspace within its target market as well as to expand the brand into CEMAC countries.
We’re looking for someone who is energetic and creative; who is persistent and resilient; who likes tackling problems and has a passion for shaping the future and positioning our brand as a thought leader in the B2B space. The main duties and responsibilities of the role, will be to:
- Create a marketing strategy and roadmap for all marketing functions including branding, advertisement, communication, to enable Maviance to accomplish its objective of exponential growth and market expansion within Cameroon as well as into CEMAC countries
- Prepare and manage monthly, quarterly and annual budgets for the Marketing activities
- Together with the leadership team, set, execute, monitor, and report Marketing OKRs. Participate in the quarterly and annual planning of company objectives
- Collaboratively define data-driven branding, positioning and pricing strategies
- Coordinate marketing and communication efforts to boost brand awareness
- Ensure our brand message is strong and consistent internally and externally across all channels
- Identify opportunities to reach new market segments and expand market share
- Monitor competition (acquisitions, pricing changes and new products and features) and make recommendations
- Develop and execute a cohesive organization-wide communications strategy (including digital marketing, collateral production, and crafting presentations/pitches) that promotes our products and drives revenue-generating initiatives;
- Develop and execute data-driven B2B marketing activities to increase our partner network, their retention rates and our revenue
- Collaborate with external agencies to enable the successful implementation of all aspects of the marketing mix, such as digital, content, advertising, PR, brand, etc
Qualifications and experience
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing or a related field
- You have at least 5+ years of experience in a comparable role in a fast-growing/scale-up environment where you have managed a variety of marketing tasks. Ideally in a role within our industry.
- Proven track record of success in lead generation and working with sales teams
- History of collaborating with external partners in joint sales and marketing efforts
- Highly creative, with a deep understanding for the local market, trends and behaviour
- A documented track record for implementing large scale marketing activities
You are the person we are looking for if:
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment and you’re not afraid to be hands-on to get it done
- You have a passion for learning, innovation and finding new efficiencies
- You have strong organizational skills and attention to detail and can balance multiple demands and competing and changing priorities
- You are proactive and you take ownership
- You are a confident communicator (in writing, presentations etc.) and can build relationships with various stakeholders across all levels of the organization and outside
- You are comfortable with collaboration tools and technology
- Entrepreneurial, fast growing mindset
- Creative thinker
- Superior communication skills, verbal and written
- Fluency in French and English
- Competitive salary
- Fast paced and dynamic environment, where you can make an impact
- Opportunity to work with leading technologies
- Growing global organization with a highly entrepreneurial spirit