Maviance PLC is a digital financial service provider and technology consulting company. Maviance PLC is part of the Maviance Group which consists of daughter companies in Germany, France and the UK. Maviance PLC is specialized in delivering customized solutions and value-added services as well as industry specific web and mobile solutions for telecom, utilities and financial institutions, businesses and governments, with a focus in emerging economies.
Maviance PLC is engaging in its expansion phase in Cameroon and within the CEMAC (Central African) region with the goal of establishing the company as a leading player in the Fintech and Digital Financial space.
We are looking for a Head of Talent who will be an integral part of the senior leadership team with the overall responsibility of creating high-performance teams and promoting a high-performance company culture by taking full responsibility of the company’s talent acquisition, retention and empowerment strategy. This role reports directly to our CEO, and as such, you will be in a unique position to influence change and make an impact from day one as well as input into Maviance OKR process to help the growth and the transition of the company to a leader in the digital financial sector.
The Head of Talent is both a strategic and hands-on role that provides full Human Resources support to ensure the company meets all its ambitious targets in the coming years. You will oversee and implement people policies, programs and practices that foster growth, innovation and organizational effectiveness in areas including talent acquisition, performance, compensation and learning and development.
We’re looking for an individual who is energetic and curious, persistent and resilient and someone who enjoys providing best in class solutions to various problems.
The main duties and responsibilities of the role, will be to:
- Create a people amp; talent strategy and roadmap that will enable Maviance to accomplish its objectives and vision
- Ensure we have the right systems, policies and processes in place with respect to recruitment, employee development and management, to support the business as we scale
- Strengthen our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion efforts and ensure Maviance is an incredible place for anyone and everyone to work at
- Advise the leadership team and managers on relevant employment laws and introduce best practices to protect the organization
- Support the leadership team in establishing high-performance goal-setting procedures using OKRs
- Develop and implement a program for evaluating and monitoring performance
- Coach and develop our Managers to lead high-performing teams and develop our employees
- Assist leadership, managers and supervisors in understanding and implementing company policies related to performance, discipline, and related topics.
- Provide strategic counsel on recruiting tactics, metrics and capacity planning
- Develop ongoing organizational initiatives which embed our values, reinforce and improve upon our culture, drive employee engagement and attract world class talent
- Mediate employee relations and performance issues and provide guidance to managers, ensuring adherence to appropriate employment laws
- Efficiently collect and select the right metrics that will lead to impactful reporting and change
- Responsible for maintaining Employee Handbook amp; continuously monitoring and reviewing HR policies and processes and implement changes where necessary
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management or similar
- At least 5 years of experience in a comparable role in a fast-growing/scale-up environment where you have managed a variety of HR tasks, including recruiting, benefits, employee relations, etc. As an example, you could have worked at an organization which has tripled their headcount in 2 years or raised external funding through series A or B investment
You are the person we are looking for if:
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment and you’re not afraid to be hands-on to get it done
- You have a passion for learning, innovation and optimizing processes to make them more efficient
- You are proactive and you take ownership
- You have a pulse on the organization to ensure a high level of employee engagement
- You exhibit discretion and keep confidence
- You are a confident communicator (in writing, presentations etc.) and can build relationships with various stakeholders across all levels of the organization as well as with external stakeholders
- You are comfortable with collaboration tools and technology
- You have experience in organizing and delivering training programs
- You have experience in Cameroonian employment law and associated best practices
- Entrepreneurial, fast growing mindset
- Strong organisational skills, with high attention to detail
- Superior communication skills, verbal and written
- Fluency in French and English
- Competitive salary
- Fast paced and dynamic environment, where you can make an impact
- Opportunity to work with leading technologies
- Growing global organization with a highly entrepreneurial spirit